How in the world did we get here already?! The fact that there are only 11 more weeks (give-or-take) until this baby arrives is a concept that’s extremely hard to grasp. July 16th is NOT that far away. Especially with everything that’s coming up! Ready or not I guess!
So I reached my third trimester while we were on our babymoon. And honestly I’ve been feeling really good ever since. A little more tired than I was a few weeks back, but that’s likely due to my growing waistline! It’s certainly showing no signs of slowing down.
Here are the stats for my 29 week old bean (source):
- Baby is the size of an acorn squash! Plumping up day by day and expected to triple in size by the time he/she reaches full term!
- Living quarters at Hotel Bump are becoming a little cramped – the belly can only stretch so much! This makes the kicking and dancing all the more evident! Check out my Vine video recorded yesterday 🙂
Besides some minor fatigue, here are some other things that I’ve been feeling lately:
- Minor aches and pains (due to Relaxin, a hormone responsible for loosening the muscles, joints, and ligaments in preparation for childbirth). It’s certainly getting harder to bend over and pick up things!
- Feet swelling. Usually after a long day of work. I’m sure this will only worsen with the warm weather.
- Heartburn. Oy, pass the Tums.
- Difficulty sleeping (thank goodness for the Snoogle and Tylenol PM).
Things I’m loving lately:
- This weather. Roxy loves her top down!
- My bump. The doc told me Monday that I’m “measuring small.” Tell that to the scale!!
- All the baby love (from work, friends, work-friends and family). It’s been wonderful 🙂
- Thinking about the future. Butterflies.
Things I’m missing:
- Beer. Especially on these warm spring days!!
- Triple grande soy lattes. Enough with the decaf already.
- Running. The Mini Marathon is this weekend in Indy and I’m sad to be missing it. My tentative plan (if all goes well this summer) is to run a post-baby fall race ~ fingers crossed.
Things I need to do!
- Set up the nursery! Since we aren’t going to be in this house for too long after the baby arrives, there are no big plans to decorate it completely. But I’m sure the decorating bug will eventually strike. Good news is that our furniture arrived today!!!
- Schedule childbirth/ breastfeeding classes.
- Keep tidying up the house/ pitch unneeded stuff. I did a major basement clean-out a few weeks ago but there’s still a lot of things to sort through. Especially since the influx of baby goods will be starting soon.
Things on the horizon!
- House planning appointments. Gotta get as much done as I can before baby!
- Meggie’s LLS gala with the Perfect Strangers. Baby Bop’s first formal affair! If you haven’t donated yet, do so here!
- Christie & Ronnie’s wedding May 18th!! Beware of the oversized bridesmaid! 😉
- Baby showers! I have FOUR planned so far!
Guess I should show you some bump evidence now!
Til next time! xo.