Hello full term !!!
It’s July and we all know what that means,,, BABY MONTH!!! I know I say this at every update, but I can hardly believe that I’m so far along already. As of today, we literally one week away from Baby Cook’s due date. Wowza. Though it seems like forever ago I found out I was pregnant, the last few months have absolutely flown by. With weddings, work, showers and house building, we have certainly been keeping ourselves occupied.
Here’s what the bean is up to this week! (source)
- Hello, watermelon!!
- Weight: anywhere between 6-9 lbs. If I had to guess, I think I’m in the 8-9 lb bracket (Dad’s birth weight was 9 lbs 13 oz and Mom’s was 7 lbs 3 oz.).
- Length: 19-21 inches!
- There’s a lot of baby flexing going on inside, which is obvious by the frequent belly punches!
- Brain growth is still occurring day by day.
- Baby’s nails are growing and may even extend past his/her fingertips.
Physically, here’s what Mama looks like this week!
As for Mama’s symptoms:
- HEARTBURN. I wanted to rip my esophagus out yesterday at work. Had to make a stop at the pharmacy for more Tums and I guzzled down milk at lunch time. Now I understand why some people go to the ER for “chest pain!” Today it’s much better, so it was likely due to something I ate. Keep the Zantac coming.
- Lots of potty time (day and night).
- Fairly poor sleep.
- Pelvic pressure but no contractions (yet). As of today’s appointment, I’m still < 1 cm dilated. Wah wah.
Odds and Ends:
- I’m officially on maternity leave!!!! I decided to take 6 days off before my due date because if I don’t use my accrued time off, it essentially goes to waste. So, happy days for me ahead!!
- I’ve definitely been doing my fair share of nesting. On the 4th of July, I spent the day dusting, cleaning baseboards, and doing every housekeeping thing I hate. It felt AMAZING. I finished up my deep cleaning today in my bathroom and ahhhh,,, the satisfaction 😉
- I finally packed my hospital bag(s) last week! (Here’s the link to the list I used)
- After I packed the above bags, Allie was SUPER snuggly. Poor girl knows something’s up.
So now the fun stuff: the nursery! Since we are Team Green, we decided to go with a grey color scheme for our babe’s first room. And since we’re (still) in our rental home, we aren’t painting or doing much to the actual room itself (besides a little wall art that I have yet to hang). Once we move, we can make it a little more gender specific. But I’m still thrilled with how it’s turned out. Somehow lots of elephants managed to make their way into the room too. Take a look!
And some other fun things that are babe-ready,,,
Now that everything’s pretty much ready, we just need a baby!! My doctors tell me that the latest they usually let expecting mamas go past their due date is about a week. I’m praying things progress naturally, because an induction is honestly the last thing I want. But, whatever happens happens. I’m a chill mom (for now) 😉