I knew you were great, but how are we already at EIGHT??!
Okay seriously, Bud. Slower down. To think that we’re going to be celebrating your first birthday in just under four months is mind boggling!! Having said that, I’m love love loving you more than ever lately. Not that I’ve ever loved you any less! But you are just such a sweet boy, I can’t get enough of you.
We started the first day of your eighth month with a trip to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. You and your best buddy Dominic took the Playscape by storm and had a blast playing together. There is SO much fun to be had there and we can’t wait to take you back.
Your fun with Dominic didn’t stop there. We’ve had lots of playdates, lunches and dinners together. You even participated in your first Fun Run with him and his Mom! Mommy and Daddy are so glad you two are close in age so you can grow up having all kinds of fun together!
I’d say that month 8 gave us many more laughs than cries. You continue to be a generally happy boy, which makes everyone around you happy too! Your personality is seriously shining and if this month is any indication of how life with you is going to be, we are a couple of lucky ducks.
Sleeping has been a bit of a roller coaster this month (what else is new?!). We [finally] transferred you out of your swaddle at the end of February, which was huge (we had only been swaddling the lower half of you for quite a few months, but you liked it). You had a stretch of mid-night wake ups around that time, followed by a transition back to a full night’s sleep about a week later. Then, just last week you gave us yet another stretch of wake ups. We couldn’t help but wonder if teething could be a cause of your irritability, so you received Tylenol a handful of times before bed. We also made sure your amber beads were tucked safely around your ankle at night, and since then, you’ve been sleeping just fine. Who knows what was up with that. Your napping at the beginning of the month was awesome! Typically twice a day, for 2-ish hours each! But per usual, just as we started getting used to that program, you pulled out your famous nap strike. This led to some uber crabby days, which are hopefully on their way out. I really can’t complain though, Buddy. Overall you’re a wonderful sleeper and we are very lucky in that department.
You’re still a snuggly little thing too. It’s the greatest.
So when we go to Gymboree on Thursdays, you’re in a class with all these little ladies that are pretty much the same age as you. You’re all about the same size too. But the one main difference between you and them is that every one of them is on the move. Scooting, rocking, and crawling all over. And you, my dear, are not there just yet 🙂 I’m not going to lie, I kind of love the fact that you’re still dependent on us to get you from point A to B. I’m not quite ready to let you go just yet. We still try and encourage you to crawl, laying you on your tummy and putting an object just beyond your reach. But your typical response is to roll over instead of push forward. Proof:
We know that you’re on your own growing schedule, so whenever you feel like crawling, we’ll be ready with you. Just feel free to take your time 😉
We talked about your first cold in last month’s letter, but it seemed to drag on into this month as well. Being an NP, Mommy’s mind is always reeling about what could possibly be bothering you. She wondered about an ear infection here and there. But typically if there’s no high fever, antibiotics really aren’t going to do you any good anyway. So we avoided the doctor and rode out the symptoms with a humidifier, saline nasal spray and the occasional NSAID. And you successfully kicked that virus to the curb a few weeks ago. It’s been nice not hearing that snotty snort anymore!
Since the weather has started to improve (thank GOODNESS), we’ve been outside much more this month! Mommy loves taking you on walks with your sister and even on runs now and then. We usually stick around the golf course, going up and down the cart path. That will change soon once the course opens. You’re training her well for her first post-baby half marathon in a couple weeks!
Eight Month Stats: Who knows?? Ped appt next month. You’re sporting a nice little potbelly, which leads us to believe you’re nothing but well nourished. Still sporting 6, 9, and 12 month clothes.
- Hi 5!!
- Responding to “more” sign by nodding head yes.
- Milestones pending: teething and crawling!
Things You Like:
- Jabbering. I think we almost have a Da Da out of you!
- Bathtime. We sing our swim class songs here!
- Visitors! We had visits from all of your grandparents, your Uncle Ricky, & Uncle Matt this month.
- Toys: FP farm, Oball, Sophie, anything that technically isn’t a toy (i.e. contact solution, necklaces, straws, silverware, my glasses). Patches the bear.
- Mornings with Mommy.
- Swim class. You got your first ribbon this month! Doing so well.
- Your new house. We finally closed on it this month!
- Cheering on Mommy’s MSU Spartans! GO Green!
- Stroller runs with Mom & Allie.
- Speaking of Allie, you’re really starting to love her. She makes you smile all the time, and you like to pet her/ pull her hair. You still need reminders to “Be gentle!”
Things You Don’t Like:
- When Mom or Dad lays you down for a nap when you’re not fully asleep. You’re slowly learning to self-soothe, which is why we do it!
- The end of mealtime. Mehhhhhh!
- Sippy cups. Well, actually I wouldn’t say that you don’t like them, you just don’t know how to use them yet!
Foods You’re Eating:
- Butternut squash
- Acorn squash
- Sweet potatoes
- Mixed veggies (green beans, peas, corn, carrots)
- Puffs, Mum Mums, Cheerios
- BREAD. Holy cow you love bread.
&&& you’re still nursing! 8 months and counting!
Places We’ve Been This Month:
- You and Daddy went to northern Indiana to meet your new cousin Remi!
- The Children’s Museum.
- Houlihans for dinner with Mom & Dad’s friends, The Gregory’s.
Exciting Upcoming Events:
- Chicago in 2 weeks followed by 5 days in Florida just after that! First flight with Mommy,,, dun dun dun.
- Your first Easter!
Things Mommy Is Looking Forward To: See Above!
Oh, love. Thank you for yet another great month. During our prayers every night, I thank the man upstairs for blessing us with another wonderful day together. And they keep coming! We love you so much and are excited for what’s to come this month!!
AND Daddy!! 😉